Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Baby's room: Under Construction

We didn't want to start work on Rockstar's room until we knew what we were having. Now that we know there's a boy in there, we decided it was time to get to work. A couple of people asked me about painting and wainscotting so here's a little step-by-step tutorial on what we did.

Step one: empty room of all crap and lay out paper and tarps on the floor. Even if you think you are neat, you're messy.

Step two: have dogs (read: cheap labor) help you bring in necessary tools. Just kidding. I thought this picture was cute though. Shamus and Lucy wanted to be involved (Lucy succeeded by achieving a painted nose).


Step three: Paint. Repeat. Kelly, this is what Asparagus (the color, not the pee) looks like.


Step four: Cut and install wainscotting. Order several pizzas. This process is time consuming and requires a lot of patience. Install base molding and chair rail. Oh yeah, having a husband who is super handy and knows his way around a circular saw and nail gun helps too (three cheers for Joel!).
Step five: Caulk. Joel left me to handle caulking and while I did a good job, I also managed to caulk my hair, my leg, my face and every inanimate object in the room.We still have to paint the wainscotting and the doors white and hang the curtains (that's our Wednesday task). But here's what the semi-finished product looks like:







1 comment:

Heather said...

WOW! Little Rockstar's room looks fantastic! You guys are so amazing I am in awe of your handiness! I love the shot of you on the floor caulking (sp?) Er - you can see the belly :-) Missing you guys.
Love, H, C & A