Saturday, December 20, 2008

2 week update!

So I've learned that it is incredibly difficult to 1) type on the computer, b) talk on the phone and *) leave the house with an infant. Since I haven't returned many of your calls, e-mails and offers for a visit, let me give you the quick update on how everything is going here.

Brice got an A+ at his 2 week check up with Dr. Lialios. He's managed to get back to his birth weight and put on an additional half pound. Brice is now a hefty 9lbs 6oz and grew half an inch, putting him in the 75th percentile for height and weight (apparently you don't want to be in the 100th percentile as that means you have a pretty obese child on your hands). Needless to say, I patted myself on the back for my many hours spent breastfeeding and pumping away. The doc told us that the sooner we get him to double digit weight, the sooner he'll be sleeping better. At present, Boy Wonder (yes, we've given him another nickname) only sleeps for about 3 hours at a clip with the exception of his afternoon nap that usually lasts for about 4 hours (and of course, I never nap then because I feel that its my only chance to get things done around the house... we'll see how much longer that lasts).

We have also conquered Brice's first cold. He managed to get a nasty case of the sniffles and Joel has made it his job to be the "snot sucker" and tortures our poor son with the booger suctioning device throughout the day.

Okay, so most of you just visit the blog to see some pictures, so here you go.
Brice is showing off Senor Binx, AKA the binky. Yes, we rename everything in this household. Brice is a piranha for this thing and I fear the day when we have to take it away.
Doing what he does best...looking cute.

Here is Brice chillaxing in his boppy. Life is tough.

Brice donned the snowsuit for about 5 minutes before he got hysterical.

2 comments:

Rebecca York said...

Very cute!
Ruth Glick

Paper Masterpiece said...

he looks so much like you erica!