Monday, December 8, 2008

And baby makes three...

We're finally home from the hospital and getting settled back into life as a family of three (or five if you consider Shamus and Lucy too!). Brice is doing so well and is really just the sweetest baby I've ever seen (yes, maybe I'm a little bit biased).

Since most of you have been following the entire journey through this pregnancy, here's a little of what happened before hand.

Tuesday night Joel and I decided to go out for our last hurrah before the c-section. We knew that by Wednesday I would be getting pretty nervous so we figured that we would make the best of it and do date night on Tuesday instead. Here's my last belly pic at just a little over 39 weeks:

On Thursday, we headed to the hospital at 6am to check in. They had us set up in a room right away, hooked me up to an IV and got me prepped for the surgery. The nurses were awesome and talked me through every step of the process. By this point, I was so ready to meet our little guy that I wasn't even that nervous.Dr. Pandeala showed up and told us we were ready to go. Joel got into his fancy outfit so that he could be with me in the operating room. Doesn't he look like something out of a Beastie Boy video?


By 7:45 a.m. they told me we were ready to go. They had me walk into the operating room and let me tell you, it doesn't look anything like Grey's Anatomy. The room was very bright and very cold and there was no funky music to sing along to. The anesthesiologist put in the epidural and I have to say, it didn't hurt that much at all. The sensation is very strange as your legs become numb. Within ten minutes, they began the c-section and by 8:10 a.m., Brice Samuel Harvill gave his first mighty cry. They brought him around the curtain so that I could see him and my heart was immediately flooded with the most overwhelming sensation of love. It was wonderful. The nurses cleaned him up, brought me to recovery and by 10:00am we were in our room with our new bundle of joy. Here's one for now. I'll post more later as we take some more today.













No comments: