Thursday, January 22, 2009

Playing with the MacBook...

Our computer died a couple of weeks ago and Joel and I decided to bite the bullet and get ourselves a fancy MacBook laptop. One of the applications is iMovie which lets you pull videos and photos to create cool videos. I messed around for about 30 minutes while Brice was sleeping the other night and created the following video (I'm no Ron Howard, but I have to admit, I did this without reading any instructions):


Yesterday, Brice and I went to our first mommy/baby yoga class in Fairfield. There were three other moms there with their babies and Brice was the youngest in the bunch at 7 weeks. All the moms were impressed at 1) his size 2) his eye contact and the fact that he stayed awake and engaged throughout the entire class and 3) my ability to get out of the house to get to the class with a 7 week old. It was good to get some positive feedback from women who had just been there but more importantly, it was GREAT to get out of the house and have some adult conversation.

Now, while Brice hates sleeping, he's a pretty easy baby otherwise. He hangs out, loves people watching and is overall really well behaved. Yesterday, he managed to accomplish the impossible. Gravity-defying poop. Joel had just left for work when I heard (and smelled) little Brice pass gas. I thought it might be time for a diaper change, so I put him on the changing table and started to remove clothing. That's when I saw it. Poop was actually coming out of the TOP of his onesie. It was all over his back, on his arms and even in his ears! I was a pretty good physics student but I just don't understand how this is possible. Needless to say, Brice got his second bath in 12 hours (I think he pooped just to get another bath).
I have more photos to add but we're having problems with the connection so I'll edit and add later. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving the video, you are almost inspiring me to break out my mac. :)

Hope you are enjoying Florida