Sunday, January 4, 2009

One month old already...

Happy 2009!


Today is Brice's one month birthday! It is truly amazing how quickly the time passes and how big Brice is already. It is also a bit insane to stop and think about how much life has changed in such a short period of time.

We headed to Joel's parents' house in Bethesda for New Years since Joel had some time off from work. Big change #1: riding in the back seat of our car so that I could keep an eye on the little guy. Realization #1: our car is way too small. Even with the dogs riding shotgun, we hardly had enough space for all of us. Let the SUV research begin.
We had made plans to go to the Ladd's for New Years Eve. Brice hadn't slept much during the day and by 9pm, he was cranky and we were having a tough time putting him down. Big change #2: we ended up spending New Years on the couch in the basement having finally gotten the babe to sleep at 11pm. Realization #2: I didn't care because by that point, I was half asleep, covered in baby drool and incapable of socializing.

So, we headed back on Friday since Joel's whole family managed to come down with the same 24-hour bug that KOed me the week before. We spent a nice day on Saturday running errands. Big change #3: A meal out is now a quick trip to the diner. Realization #3: I wouldn't trade it for a million fancy dinners. Spending time watching Brice is so fun, even when I desperately need a warm meal and a nap.

I've also noticed its getting more and more difficult to update the blog as Brice spends so many hours awake and wanting attention. Big change #4: I am typing this update with one hand as Brice is sitting in my lap. Realization #4: There will only be so many days/weeks/years when he'll want to sit in my lap. Someday he's going to be embarrassed by me, so I'm going to enjoy this while I can!

I took some photos this morning to mark Brice's one month birthday. The frog PJs are sized for 6 month olds... we're going to go thru clothes like gangbusters.

"Rocking" out in his swing.

In an outfit clearly designed by someone who does not have children. This thing has more buttons and snaps than I've ever seen. Needless to say, the outfit was short lived once we had a diaper change.


Showing off his long arms and legs.

No comments: