Friday, February 27, 2009

Back to the Arctic Tundra and Back to Work!

We got back last night from Florida and it was a really wonderful trip.  Here's some video of Brice in the pool.  As you can tell, I'm really attempting to influence him to be an olympic swimmer when he grows up.  Michael Phelps may have lost some sponsorships for a stupid reason, but he's still an amazing athlete in my mind.

Brice is really growing up quickly!  He appears to be getting his first tooth and now everything within his grasp goes right into his mouth.  His favorite thing to "taste" is fabric.  If you put him on your shoulder, he'll lick your sleeve.  If he's sleeping with a blanket, the blanket goes into his mouth.  I've started giving him washcloths to suck on and I've decided that this is the way to go.  If he gets attached and carries the washcloth as his security blanket, I know that I have ample supply in case one ever gets lost!

In baby news this week, I must first congratulate my sister and her husband, Andy.  They found out on Thursday that they will be having a little girl in July.  They are ahead of the game and have already selected the name Grace Sophia Loftus Carter and now I can start my countdown to July when I get to meet my lovely little niece!  Our friends Wassim and Erin gave birth to a sweet girl, Analisa on February 18.  We got to meet her on her first night home and she is so beautiful!  Quite the little sleeper too... I'm hoping for their sake that the good sleeping lasts.  Kirstin and her husband Ashley gave birth to their son, Lucas Benjamin Morgan on Wednesday, just one day before she was due to be induced.  I can't wait to see the little man!

My maternity leave is coming to a close and I head back to work on Monday.  I never thought that I would have such mixed emotions about going back.  On one hand, I love what I do and I love my co-workers, so I will be happy to see them all again.  On the other hand, Brice is still very little, and it pains me at the thought of leaving him for the entire day.  As some of you know, I have managed to secure a nanny to watch Brice at our house while I am at work. I didn't feel prepared to leave Brice at daycare.  In my mind, he's quite the handful (I'm sure that every mother thinks this of her children) and I'm happy that she'll be able to focus on Brice.   Despite my love for our nanny and my comfort with him being watched at our house, I'm sure I'll still cry about a half a dozen times between now and the time that I get to the office on Monday.  I'm seriously considering buying some waterproof mascara!  I'll update this week to let everyone know how it goes!




No comments: