Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Weekly Update

How far along? 16 weeks, 6 days

Total weight gain: Hard to tell. Some days the scale says I'm up 10lbs and other days I'm up 5. Let's go with a nice happy medium and say 7lbs.

Maternity clothes? Maternity pants but regular shirts, skirts and dresses.

Best moment this week: Joel taught Brice how to Hi Five! It is so cute. He gets a total kick out of doing it.

Symptoms: Off and on nausea. Exhaustion. I sleep for about 8 hours a night and still feel like I could sleep another 10. Joel and I joke that even if we were afforded the opportunity to stay in and sleep all day we'd probably wake up at 9am bored and hungry.

Movement: Still nothing! I keep waiting for a good hard kick!

Food cravings: Naked Baked Chicken from Stew Leonards. Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream from Sweet Ashleys.

Gender? Who knows!

Sleep: Sleep is happening but its still not enough.

Belly Button in or out? In.

What I miss: Greys Anatomy (I know its not pregnancy related but I'm really excited for the new season to start). Financial freedom (did I ever experience this?). Not being house poor.

What I am looking forward to: We're leaving for Bethesda tonight and I am so excited to see Kelly, Torry, Nate, Heather, Chris and Alexander. The last time I saw Kelly was 4th of July last year when we were both newly pregnant. The last time I saw Torry was... I have no idea... their wedding?!? And even though I only live 30 minutes from NYC, I can't even remember the last time I saw Heather, Chris and Alexander. I'm also looking forward to catching up with Catherine and David Ladd and meeting their sweet new puppies. Also, if there is no arrival of baby Pfeister, hopefully we'll get a chance to see Sarah, Rick, Buckley and Olive.

Weekly Wisdom: Okay, this one is a shoutout to all the neurotic pregnant mommies out there. If you THINK its an issue, call your DOCTOR. That's what they are there for. If you think you are the craziest woman they have ever come in contact with, ask them. I'm sure your OBGYN will be happy to reenact some previous mommy that called 13 times per day for the duration of her pregnancy. You have paid your health insurance premiums for years. Go ahead, make an appointment, get an ultrasound. If it gives you peace of mind and enables you to sleep at night, there's no harm done. Plus, an extra chance at catching a glimpse of your little one or being able to hear their heartbeat is always a wonderful opportunity.

Milestones: Brice turns 9 months tomorrow! Yay for big boys!

1 comment:

AJ said...

OMG, cannot WAIT to high five him!