Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekly update

How far along? 17 weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain: Okay, I'm going 8lbs total.
Maternity clothes? Still maternity pants only. Actually, some of my regular jeans still fit too. I'm thinking I need to go shopping this weekend to buy a couple of items for fall since its getting chilly.
Best moment this week: Brice sleeping through the night last night! It was such a fantastic feeling to wake up this morning and feel rested. Also introducing and re-introducing Brice to Nate and Alexander. They all seemed to have a great time at the zoo and playing together. Hopefully they'll be friends for years to come!
Symptoms: Still a little nauseous this week. I'm hoping that the dreaded morning sickness isn't making a return. Thankfully I still have my appetite and as long as I keep gum or a sucker in my mouth, I can get by.
Movement: The flutters have started! I forgot what it feels like in the beginning when the kicks aren't hard jabs.
Food cravings: Buffalo wings, Mexican food.
Gender? I had two dreams over the past week that it was a boy so I'm going with my gut and saying BOY! We'll see on Monday.
Sleep: Yay sleep! I can sort of still sleep on my stomach if I have a pillow to lean on but side and back sleeping prevail.
Belly Button in or out? In.
What I miss: The economy being strong. The sweltering (albeit short lived) heat of summer. Fall came too quickly! Not feeling perpetually nauseous.
What I am looking forward to: The start of home improvement work. We have signed contracts with a carpenter and an electrician and we're going this weekend to pick our our new kitchen cabinets. I think our house will look so wonderful with all of the work done!
Weekly Wisdom: With children, never say, "I'm never going to..." because chances are, you will. I recall saying, "I'm never going to be an over-protective mother." Wrong. I recall saying, "Joel and I will get a babysitter and have a night out every week!" Wrong. I recall saying, "I'm going to make sure that Brice's schedule fits our lifestyle. We won't change our lifestyle to fit him." Wrong. Once the doctor places that wonderful bundle of joy in your arms, trust me people, unless you are a pillar of salt, all bets are off. Its better to face facts now. Your life WILL change. Your relationship with your significant other WILL change. Your priorities WILL change. I absolutely love the way that Brice has changed my life and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Milestones: Big ultrasound on Monday, September 14! Just in time for my mom's birthday!

No comments: