Friday, September 5, 2008

Deleted Post

You may notice that a post is missing. My wonderfully conservative (sorry bubba, I'm throwing out the c-word) husband has asked that I remove the political post from our blog. Yes, he has a point. This blog was meant to be about us, our growing family, etc. It is perhaps not the appropriate place for my political banter (even though most of you know that I love republicans and democrats alike) and the reason for its presence here was simply to spark conversation. Thought. Interest in the political system. Perhaps to prove too that I don't just think about my pregnancy every minute of the day and that I actually have a brain that sometimes begs to be used for things other than picking nursery furniture or writing press releases.

I think a lot of us are quick to bucketize. I'm Jewish, you aren't. I'm an east-coaster, you aren't. And so on. Ultimately, what I'm trying to do with this blog is kick start conversation... try to get us to think outside of our collective buckets. Sometimes it will be on child (or dog) rearing techniques and I'm sure I'll get feedback from people with far differing ideas. At one point I will probably complain about sitting at home with a finicky baby and I'll hear from both sides of the aisle on this as well.

Here's what I'm trying to say. I'm in the communications business. It is my job to gain perspective. To understand what's going on outside of my own world. To understand that while your thought process and mine may differ greatly, we can still be right and have a good strong point. 'Nuff said. So, shall we discuss Hurricane Hanna?

No comments: