Sunday, September 7, 2008

Your Weekend Update

First and foremost, a big congratulations to Don and Claire on the birth of their son, Winston. I'm waiting for Claire to share her labor and delivery experience but from the sound of things it happened quickly and all are doing well. I'm just glad that Baby Harvill will have a proper British "cousin" because everyone knows that Joel and I have no class.

During last night's "tropical storm" (read: overkill) Joel and I built the crib. It took us longer to locate the instructions than it did to put the thing together and once again, my husband showed his natural abilities with power tools. Thank you sweet baby Jesus for giving me a husband willing to assemble baby products. Today we put up the second shelf in the baby's closet and dealt with some rogue wires in our bedroom. The house is looking better and better. Oh, and we had no storm related damage... our lights only flickered once the entire night.

This week I have far too much going on at work. Honestly, I'm really starting to look forward to maternity leave because somewhere in the naive part of my mind, I believe it will feel like an extended vacation. I'm sure all of the moms are laughing at me right now. Humor me, mkay?

A friend sent this to me. I'd love to see how others would respond.

i am: avoiding watching Formula One with my husband
i think: I should live somewhere warm year-round
i know: very little about babies
i want: my husband to ask about having some bookshelves built
i have: two dogs following me around the house… constantly
i wish: that I could truly tell the difference between baby kicks and gas
i hate: selfish people. You know who you are.
i miss: my waistline and sleeping on my stomach
i fear: the pain of labor
i feel: a baby sitting on my bladder
i hear: the fan
i smell: like hummus
i crave: an ice cream sundae with a cherry on top
i search: for stories of pain-free child delivery… wishful thinking?
i wonder: what my parents are doing right now
i regret: leaving DC too early…maybe another year?
i ache: when I sleep
i care: about my dogs so much. I’m going to be a dangerous parent
i always: look both ways before crossing the street. Thanks mom.
i am not: good at math
i believe: that war is always wrong
i dance: in front of mirrors when nobody is watching
i sing: in my car like a rockstar
i cry: rarely but purposefully
i don't always: brush my teeth for as long as I should
i fight: like Mohammad Ali… but I get over it quickly
i write: on my blog for my own amusement
i never: send food back in a restaurant
i stole: a banana from A&P on a dare
i listen: to the advice of my family and friends. Who knew they were so smart?
i need: to be hugged daily although sometimes I’m bad about hugging back
i am happy about: the obvious

1 comment:

Heather said...

i am: replying to my best friend's blog
i think: I should be folding the laundry and cleaning the floor
i know: I have 100 things to do before going to bed and will only get 3 done
i want: my husband to bring dinner home for me
i have: the most precious son and wonderful husband
i wish: I could clone myself to do all the housework, laundry, etc. so I could spend time playing with my son and reading for the courses I am teaching
i hate: feeling unproductive
i miss: having time for myself
i fear: not getting a job
i feel: tired and hungry
i hear: the noise of cars and buses on the west side hwy
i smell: baby lotion on my hands
i crave: pizza (or a cheeseburger)
i search: for jobs on the internet
i wonder: where we'll be living and where I'll be working in 1 year
i regret: not doing my internship at a VA hospital
i ache: in the morning when I wake up (hands and feet)
i care: about my son's development
i always: check him several times when he is sleeping at night
i am not: always easy to deal with
i believe: that my intentions are almost always good - even if the outcome may not be best for everyone
i dance: like a maniac with my husband when we are childfree and hear Mr. Brightside by The Killers or Black Betty
i sing: my heart out at a kareoke bar with my two mommy friends after doing several shots
i cry: easily - when I am sad, frustrated, angry, and happy
i don't always: cook dinner
i fight: fast and furious - but then want to make up quickly
i write: about my son's development and milestones in his baby book
i never: spit
i stole: a cookie from Whole Foods once by eating it before I checked out
i listen: to my husband more than he realizes
i need: a lot of attention
i am happy about: my family and our life in NYC