Friday, September 19, 2008

Update: Glider is Built!

We got the glider that I ordered off Target.com. Joel and I put it together last night. So far, it has been the easiest piece of furniture to assemble! It only took about 15 minutes. We put it in baby boy Harvill's room and I immediately got comfy. It is SO WORTH IT and it looks great. Then Joel sat in it with Shamus. Joel was back on his feet in about a minute but Shamus was right at home. Lucy joined him. I snapped a couple of photos of them gliding away and I'll post them tonight when I get home. I think they believe that we are furnishing the room for them. They've been spending an awful lot of time in there these days and I have to believe that once the baby is born, they will no longer sleep with us.

Weekend plans: pretty much nothing. Joel needs to buy a blue suit for Constantine and Allison's wedding, so I guess we should check that off the list since their wedding is in 4 weeks. Christine's baby shower is Sunday, so I'll be headed to that while Joel catches up on his Formula One action. Our association is throwing its annual "Oktoberfest" party on Sunday as well, so I figure we can stop by for a bit to sample the food and beverages. Oh yeah, the Pats play the Dolphins which means warfare between the Harvills and the Greifenberger/Juviler clan. We'll have to watch that.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Those things are the BEST. All those old people are onto something as I have definitely passed out in mine several times (yes, mouth wide open).

PS - yeah, the gas thing continues for a while. If you plan to have an epidural, be prepared to let loose some VERY loud ones and not feel a damn thing, while yelling at your husband for offending everyone. Not that I have personal experience... ;)