Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Weekly pregnancy check in

A friend shared this with me. A good way to keep tabs on this pregnancy since it feels like the time is passing so quickly.

How far along? 13 weeks, 5 days
Total weight gain: I weighed myself this morning and I was finally up 1lb from where I was when I found out I was pregnant with Brice. So basically down 5 and up 1. Yay!
Maternity clothes? Nope and quite frankly, I'm happy to stay out of them for as long as possible.
Best moment this week: Brice sleeping until 7:15 a.m. this morning and therefore, mommy sleeping until 7:15am.
Symptoms: still perpetually nauseous but I haven't thrown up for about 5 days now. I'm hoping my relationship with the toilet bowl is behind me.
Movement: If you consider gas bubbles movement, then plenty. No actual baby movement however.
Food cravings: I think I had a dream the other night about a food craving but when I woke up, I couldn't remember what food I was supposed to want to eat. This would only happen to me.
Gender? Joel continues to guess girl. I have no clue. For this week, I'll guess boy just to keep the argument alive.
Sleep: Seriously crazy dreams about being in the war in Iraq, working at ABC but being invisible and accidentally rolling over Brice in my sleep. At least I'm sleeping, right?
Belly Button in or out? In. For now.
What I miss: Feeling great and having energy. I could care less about the foods I can't eat and the drinks I can't consume. I want my LIFE back.
What I am looking forward to: Friday. Dinner with Kristin and Lawrence on Sunday. My 14 week doctor's appointment next week.
Weekly Wisdom: I say it again. Summer is too short. Congress should pass a law to lengthen the summer by like, three or four months. I mean, fall is kinda over-rated and the kids would be much happier if they could trick-or-treat in bathing suits. I got an LL Bean catalogue in the mail yesterday and it had a winter coat section (as well as Ugg flip flops which are still a mystery to me. I'm wearing wool sandals? I don't think so). I'm seriously not ready to face snow again.
Milestones: Crossing over to the second trimester. 1/3 of the way there, baby!

No comments: