Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Weekly update

How far along? 15 weeks, 5 days
Total weight gain: I weighed myself this morning and it appears that I am up 5lbs. Not sure how I gained 3lbs in a week. Perhaps it has something to do with all of the food that Elaine left behind. Mmmmm. Brisket!
Maternity clothes? I am officially wearing maternity pants. I made it 3 weeks longer with this pregnancy than with Brice. I can still squeeze into my regular pants, but by the end of the day, the bloat just makes elastic waistbands more comfortable.
Best moment this week: Seeing Brice with Elaine, AJ and Meredith. He was a little afraid at first, but he quickly warmed up to Nana and Aunties.
Symptoms: Exhaustion. I'm ready for bed at around 9pm.
Movement: I thought I felt something but I can't be certain.
Food cravings: Salad with blue cheese dressing. Blueberries. Milk Duds.
Gender? This week I'm praying for a girl. See the post above for my reason why.
Sleep: What is this sleep thing that you speak of? I'd be sleeping fine except my child doesn't want to so therefore, nobody sleeps.
Belly Button in or out? In still.
What I miss: Having a never-ending supply of energy. Not having to eat every two hours. Feeling sexy.
What I am looking forward to: Graciela is watching Brice Saturday night so that we can go out to the lobster/steak bake with Eleana and Dan. After 5 years of missing it, we're finally in town! Also looking forward to our playdate with Kirsten and Lucas!
Weekly Wisdom: Okay, this one is sort of a stretch but I'm going to say it. Buy a house that fits you five years from now and not right this instant. Find a realtor that has a lifetyle/family situation modeled after your lifestyle. They'll help you see positives/issues in a house that you may not be aware of. We bought our current house before I was pregnant with Brice and it was perfect for me and Joel. The two of us. And Shamus and Lucy. Fast forward a year and a half and two is now turning into four. Our house is no longer appropriate. We live in a FANTASTIC neighborhood with wonderful views and neighbors but the problem is, our house doesn't work for us. We have a bedroom upstairs that is useless. Bathrooms that are outdated. A kitchen that is too tiny. Our realtor is also wonderful but she is single and has no kids. I have to think that if we had someone with babies, they may have been able to point out to us the potential issues. In hindsight, I would have passed on our house and its fabulous location and kept looking.
Milestones: Less than 3 weeks until the big ultrasound. Brice turns 9 months next week! I can't believe he's such a big boy!

No comments: