Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Weekly Update

How far along? 14 weeks, 5 days
Total weight gain: According to the doctor, I am now up 2 lbs total.
Maternity clothes? I have busted out one pair of maternity pants and I'm wearing them today. They keep falling down and are clearly way too big. I guess I should give it another week or so.
Best moment this week: Taking Brice for a swim in our neighbor's pool. He's so cute!
Symptoms: the nausea and exhaustion remain but still haven't thrown up. At least I'm back to eating protein!
Movement: None yet! I'm thinking perhaps another week or so.
Food cravings: Hummus and naan bread. Buffalo chicken wings (even though I've refrained from eating them). Iced coffee.
Gender? I'm starting to think girl but who knows.
Sleep: I'm totally sleeping. Joel and I take turns waking up with Brice (he only wakes up once a night now) so I feel pretty rested and I an still sleep on my stomach.
Belly Button in or out? In still.
What I miss: My size 6 jeans that I had successfully gotten back into up til we went to London. My waistline. I hate this part of pregnancy because I don't really look pregnant. I look pudgy and round.
What I am looking forward to: Elaine, AJ and Meredith's arrival on Friday! I can't wait to see their faces when they see Brice for the first time.
Weekly Wisdom: I have a lot of friends that are pregnant with their first babies. Here is my wisdom for them as they are starting on the nursery and registry. Do not buy silly items like wiper warmers or diaper pails that require pricey trash bags. Wiper warmers will only train your child that the wipes should be warm. It will be a sad reality for you when you are out at the store with chilly wipes and a shocked baby. Also, there are diaper pails available that take standard kitchen garbage bags. I swear they work just as well and will save you money. Put the money aside and spend it on the things you actually need like batteries for the swing or massive boxes of diapers.
Also, don't waste money on cutsey newborn outfits. Your baby will wear them for ONE WEEK and trust me, they poop and spit up perpetually at this point. Buy a bunch of onesies and swaddling blankets instead that are cotton and can be washed.
Milestones: We scheduled the big ultrasound for Monday, September 14. Let the countdown begin!

No comments: