Saturday, November 8, 2008

29 Days To Go

As promised, here are a couple of photos of the updated progress with the belly and baby's room.
First, the completed crib with mattress, sheets, mobile and several blankets for Baby Harvill to choose from. Also, the "Good night" picture behind the crib was a gift from my mother-in-law. It once hung in Joel's room and was given to her by her parents... a gift from Israel. You will see that the words good night are also written in Hebrew.

Here is the changing table, complete with changing pad, fun toys, diaper genie and new shelves that Joel built. My mom made the letters that hang over it and I love them. Yes, that's an autographed photo of Troy Aikman for the baby. We're not Cowboys fans, but I did a media day with him and thought it would be cool to collect some autographed items for our baby sports fan. He recommended that instead of Brice Samuel Harvill, we name the baby Troy Aikman Harvill. I still like Osi Umenyiora Harvill best, but the only one that agrees with me on that one is my father.
Here is our glider, new rug and dirty dogs to ruin said glider and rug. Also, my mom made the quilt that is draped over the back of the glider. She's quite the Martha Stewart.
Finally, here's the belly at 36 weeks. Sigh. I can't wait to have my body back.I'll post an update and some pics from the ultrasound on Monday. The swelling in my feet and legs is getting pretty bad now and is, at times, painful, especially at night. I'm also experiencing RLP (Round Ligament Pain) which occurs when the hips spread out further to make room for the baby to pass through during delivery. I always thought that I was blessed (read: cursed) with wide hips but apparently there is more room for growth. It feels like growing pains all over again!


No comments: