Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Get Your Vote On!

Happy Election Day! Note to readers and husbands: this is not a political post.

Joel and I got up at the crack of dawn to go and vote this morning. Baby Harvill was certainly not excited about the 6:00am wake up call as we have gotten pretty used to lounging in bed until Joel gets out of the shower around 7:30am. We rolled up to our polling location a few blocks from our house to find that the line was already around the block. It was a little annoying that our good intentions of getting there AHEAD of the crowds didn't work out in our favor, but it was wonderful to see the droves of people out exercising their right to vote.

An hour later, we made it into the school gymnasium where we were handed a SCAN-TRON looking ballot and a black pen. I guess this is the technology that we are blessed with in Connecticut. We were told to fill in the bubbles and put the paper in the box. Easy enough (although I did have one high school flashback where I filled in an entire SCAN-TRON test wrong)! Joel and I were outta there in under 5 minutes.

So now we wait. A couple friends are going to join us later to watch John King and his magic map on CNN (I want one of those!). I'm going to take my "I Voted Today" sticker over to Ben & Jerry's to score my free ice cream too. Ahhhh, sweet democracy!

More later...

No comments: