Friday, November 21, 2008

Harvill, OUT!

Today is my last day of work. The words happiness and excitement do not even begin to explain the rapture that I am feeling currently. In hindsight, since I started working full time back in 1998, the longest hiatus I have ever taken from work has been 2 weeks. It took me just 2 days after graduating from college to start working at ABC. It took 2 weeks to drive across country and start work at KTVU. Joel and I didn't even take 2 weeks off for our wedding! Now, I'm off until March 1. Bliss.

I love my job, don't get me wrong. I think I'm one of those people that actually gets to do or learn something new every day. Just when I think I've got this whole communications thing down, BAM! A crisis takes place and I have to learn how to think again. Its really great. I have to assume that parenting is pretty much the same thing. Just when you get a routine down, BAM! A change happens and you have to start from scratch.

I am thrilled to turn the page and begin this new chapter. That's what my mom has always said to me when an unexpected life occurrence takes place. "You're just writing another chapter in your book, Er." This new chapter is titled "Mom." I'm not really sure how its going to pan out at this point. Who will the main characters be? The protagonist? Will it be an adventure or a comedy? Perhaps a little of both? For the first time, I'm entering uncharted waters. I'll admit that I have no idea what I'm doing or what to expect. I think that's the fun of it though. For once, I'm looking forward to facing the unknown and doing it in my pajamas!

So for now (until Monday when I've got an update from the doc) I say, Harvill, OUT!

No comments: