Monday, November 17, 2008

37 Weeks = Nothing New

I feel badly that I have nothing to report to you, other than the fact that we have made it to 37 weeks. We are officially full term! Yay! We went to the doctor today for the usual check up. I'm getting good at it now. Pee in the cup, get my blood pressure checked, stand on the scale (no weight gain again), check the baby's heartbeat (130bpm) and measure the belly (36cm). It looks like Dr. Pandeala will do an internal next week to see if there's any progress as the pain in my stomach, back and hips is getting pretty intense. I'm uncomfortable all the time these days and sleeping really sucks. I think what perhaps sucks most of all, is that Joel sleeps SO SOUNDLY. I toss and turn, get up to pee, throw the dogs on his face and nothing wakes this man. And, he steals my "leaning pillow" which these days, is punishable by death. And he complains that its cold. Joel has been calling me the ice princess since we met, as I'm perpetually freezing. It is quite common to find me wandering around the house wrapped in a blanket to beat the chilly 68 degrees that he likes to "heat" the house to. These days, if I could fit into it, I'd be wearing my bikini to sit on the couch. It is always too hot. Babies provide excellent insulation (in case you were planning on running the Iditarod or something).

Dr. Pandeala thinks that most likely, she will opt for inducing or doing a c-section somewhere between 39-40 weeks, so it looks like you should place your bets on the first week of December. I'd still be more than happy to have this baby on Thanksgiving.

My friends Christine and George welcomed their daughter, Mila Jolie Bivolarski into the world at 4:44am this morning. Mila weighed 7lbs, 7oz and I got to see her quickly at the hospital before I went to my doctor's appointment. She was so sweet, bundled and sleeping soundly. Christine looked fantastic for delivering just 4 hours earlier. I hope that I follow her lead and have a relatively easy and painless labor and delivery!

Here's a pretty crappy photo of the belly today:

And a much nicer photo from about a month ago at David and Catherine's wedding. Their photographer took this photo for us and I never thought I'd dig those "husband touching belly" pictures but this one is so nice (please note that despite the fact that my husband has monkey arms, he can still not get them around my huge stomach):




No comments: