Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I am not a magic lamp but I like mindless dancing videos

Just a quickie post for today. I would like to state something that SHOULD be obvious. I am not a magic lamp. If you rub my belly, a genie will not pop out and grant you wishes. If you rub my belly while I am waiting on line at the salad bar in our cafeteria, I might chew your arm off.

Seriously, I'm a people person. I hug co-workers. Heck, if you've got a breath mint, I might even give you a kiss. I don't like this "rubbing" thing that's going on though. And, its predominantly women that do it! The other day, I was in a meeting where food was being served. I was putting a sandwich on my plate. Other people were doing the same. A co-worker got up, ran around the table and proceeded to rub my belly while I was selecting my sandwich. She made some high-pitched squeaky noise as she was doing it. Was she expecting some sandwich fairy to fly forth from my tummy, bringing tasty treats for everyone at the table? Was she talking to dolphins? No, she was invading my personal space.

This is more of a vent than anything else. Obviously the readers of this blog are all family and friends and you know I could care less if you rub my belly. You can grab my arse and I wouldn't mind. But do me a favor and tell the co-workers to back off. Whew. Thanks. I feel better already.

On a lighter note, Naya sent me this link to a YouTube video titled "Where the hell is Matt?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY&feature=user

Take a couple of minutes to watch. It's basically a guy dancing in a bunch of different crazy locations around the world. Then read the story from yesterday's New York Times. This guy has an unique story (oh, and he's from Westport, CT).

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/08/arts/television/08dancer.html?_r=1&scp=1&sq=matt&st=cse&oref=slogin

2 comments:

Zach Lowe said...

I love the "where is matt" video. I have to think of something like that. If I see you before you give birth, I will most definitely rub your belly. -Zach

AJ said...

I am totally going to rub your belly, especially since I have not even SEEN it yet! I might grab your ass too, but that's purely for my enjoyment.

Check this guy out. He auditioned for So You Think You Can Dance and I affectionately refer to him as "No Bones Guy": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3y5PG_GtRa8

Amazing.