Sunday, October 19, 2008

Carolina On My Mind

We're home from our whirlwind weekend in Pinehurst, North Carolina. Constantine and Allison's wedding was something right out of a movie. The wedding was held in a beautiful chapel in the center of town and the reception was on the 18th hole of a picturesque golf course. The night was crisp and cool, they both looked fantastic, and everyone partied the night away. Joel did a great job as Best Man (he didn't even drop the rings) and he looked fab in his new blue suit.

Here's a really crappy photo of the happy couple and the groomsmen (Nick, Matt, Eric, Allison, Constantine, Joel, Andrew and John). I think this group wins the award for tallest bridal party.



The big hit of the evening (aside from the boat races at our table) was the 80s cover band that they hired. Best. Decision. Ever. What could have potentially been a stuffy setting quickly turned into the party scene from Animal House (I was actually waiting for someone to sing "I Gave My Love a Cherry"). Unfortunately, my camera battery died off at the chapel so I wasn't able to snap any photos of the chaos (I'll post some as they are e-mailed to me), but here are a couple of highlights:

1. Bride, groom and the majority of the under 40 men removed their ties and wore them around their foreheads instead.
2. Three Brown alum sang 99 Red Balloons while wearing red scarves that they stole from... somewhere... for the entire crowd.
3. Nick seemed to shed an article of clothing for every hour that passed during the night.
4. The Red Sox won and we met a cool bunch of locals (read: they were all wearing loafers and no socks) at the bar who decided to join us for part of the party.
5. The "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" moment when Constantine's entire family danced to traditional Greek music while the bridal party shouted "Opa!"
6. Slam dancing. Lots of it.
7. Polish (Matt) thought I was 22 years old. I lurve him for this comment (yes, it came after he had imbibed 47 drinks) and will happily set him up with any of my single girlfriends.

I have to admit, being pregnant at a wedding does not entirely suck when there is so much entertainment. I will also admit that by 11pm I was ready for a nap, so Joel removed his tie from his forehead and took me back to our super cool hotel, the Magolina Inn. The innkeepers here are a funky couple from Boston/Connecticut and the food there was fantastic.

So, we survived our wedding tour and are now happily settled in back at home. I'll take a belly picture once I get the camera charged. This week, I'm pretty much looking forward seeing my mom, who arrives Friday and my shower on Sunday. I can't believe I only have 7 weeks left...

No comments: