Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No Win Situations

I pretty much feel like I'm in a no win situation these days. The doctor wants me to stay seated or lying down as much as possible with my feet elevated to deal with the swelling in my feet and legs. However, what the doctor's don't tell you is that every time you sit or recline, the baby kicks really HARD in my ribcage. It actually felt like he had managed to hook his foot into my ribs at one point last night. This no win situation brought me pretty close to tears last night and finally, I retreated off to bed where Joel gave me a nice back massage while we watched some really bizarre show about some dude and his girlfriend that live with a pack of wolves (Kelly, if you ever become one of these freak shows, I'm not sure we can still be friends).

This morning, I started feeling some pressure and cramping when I got out of the shower. All of my books tell me that this is the precursor to early labor and I'm figuring this is just another pain (in the crotch) that I may as well get used to.

Oh yeah, Joel informed me last night that I have a beauty mark in the middle of the inside of my belly button. Three cheers for body parts that we have never seen before!

My last major dilemma is the winter coat conundrum. Currently, due to the belly situation, I cannot button my winter coat. In the last three days, it went from a balmy 75 degrees down to a frigid 35 degrees last night. At one point today, someone actually said it was hailing outside. I only have about 15 more days of work, so I don't want to buy a new, larger winter coat for three weeks of wear. What to do? Is it a fashion faux pas to wear my husband's fleece jacket to work? Its comfy, warm and it fits, but I'm sorta pushing homeless person status in it. I may as well put on my slippers and my ripped pajama pants while I'm at it! Sigh. This fashionista is suffering in flat shoes and unbuttoned coats.

The two positives: Joel bought Halloween candy (yay Junior Mints) and the countdown calendar says 39 days to go!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I feel your pain...literally...your ribs take some hard shots towards the end. Sigh. Soon your organs will be back in their rightful positions! And if anyone looks at you funny for wearing a manly coat, now may be the only time in your life where you'd get the police to side with you for punching them in the face. Use the belly to your advantage, sister. :)