Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Ah, Halloween. One of my favorites holidays as it provides an excuse to dress up in the most provocative clothes imaginable while simultaneously stuffing one's face full of candy. In the past, I have used Halloween as an opportunity to show off my "assets." When I first moved to San Francisco, my girlfriends and I dressed as "Hos from different area codes" which basically means we put on the shortest skirts we could find and taped our home town area code across our bums. I dressed up as G.I. Jane one year... camo mini skirt and knee high black boots were all I needed. I dressed up as a dirty nun a couple of years ago and Joel dressed up as Moses. Joel enjoyed parting the sea of people at the bar.

This year, I can't fit into any of my provocative clothing and quite frankly, I can't even bend over to zip up my boots. Thalia suggested that I dress as Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter, Bristol. I'm thinking about picking up some "I Heart Alaska" iron on letters on my way home and making a tiny t-shirt for the occasion. The kids may not get it, but at least the parents may get a good chuckle. Instead of rocking out at the bar, Joel and I will be rocking the candy bowl tonight. Our new suburban lifestyle comes complete with a neighborhood full of kids so we're expecting to be busy!

Speaking of Halloween, Heather sent me over this photo of baby Alexander this morning. His monkey costume is so cute and I couldn't resist posting it:


Have a safe and happy Halloween and if you're in town, stop by for some candy!

No comments: