Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Doctor's Visit Update

Here's a quickie update following my 32-week doctor's appointment from yesterday.

1. I have managed to gain 3 lbs in 19 days. I swear this baby weighs 30 lbs and I've really only gained 5 lbs of fat.
2. My blood pressure is still coma-style. The swelling is not a sign of preeclampsia (yay) and at this point, I'm good to go for our flight to North Carolina on Thursday. Dr. Kelly did tell me that the majority of weight I'm gaining now is water weight and Joel and I are determined to cut back on our sodium intake (excuse me while I shove some more salty peanuts in my mouth... just kidding). She hooked me up with a cool doctor's note in case the flight attendants think I'm further along than I really am.
3. Dr. Kelly told me that I should be prepared as early as November 16th for this baby to make his grand appearance. Yeah, that's in like, four weeks. I'm totally not ready for that at all as we don't have a couple of necessary items and well, I still have five weeks left of work.
4. Our last "external" appointment is scheduled for October 27th. After that, the fun internals begin and we've scheduled our last growth ultrasound for November 10th. I guess at that point we'll be able to tell how big Brice really is. Feel free to place your bets now. Perhaps I should get another poll going.

That's all for now. I'll update when we get back from North Carolina on Sunday!

No comments: